Coaching for Educators
Coaching helps in personal and professional development of a person. It is about improving your personal strengths, overcoming your internal fears and limitations. It focuses not on the causes of problems, but on their solutions. Our training aims at developing the competence of educators and achieving better learning outcomes by understanding students’ behavior, skillful work and effective motivation to learn.Register here!
The main objective of the course is to empower Educators by providing them with coaching tools that will help them overcome arising 21st century educational challenges such as engaging students in learning, diverse educational needs, bringing accountability to the learners’ side, handling conflicts, stimulating cooperation and achieving results.
In this 5 days course you will understand what is coaching and you will have a substantial understanding of coaching methods, techniques and tools that you will be able to adjust to your working environment and apply in your daily work with students.
You will improve your coaching skills including active listening, rapport, building trust, empathy, summarizing, paraphrasing, reflecting and raising awareness. You will become fluent in asking powerful questions and become acquainted with a variety of coaching tools.
The training method
We work with experiential learning: learning by doing and by experience. Through active processes and interaction with others, you will be able to try out various coaching tools and methods: embodied approach, experiential learning, systemic coaching and constellations, provocative coaching, active listening, questioning, backtracking, reflection on feelings, summarizing and paraphrasing, lazy coaching and develop your own coaching attitude. By direct experience, you will also acquire effective and immediately applicable tools that will support you in implementing the new learnings in daily life.The experience will be supported by theories, lectures, and moments for common sharing and reflection.
Teachers, teacher trainers, careers officers, educational counsellors, psychologists, school managers, HRM professionals, trainers, coaches, adult education staff
Competences Acquired by Participants:
After the training course participants will be able to:
- develop their own coaching attitude together with a supportive toolkit,
- create conditions for effective communication,
- know how to detect and handle resistance,
- achieve desired learning outcomes in the classroom,
- apply coaching methods to situations in the classroom, with colleagues, between teachers and parents, between different roles at school,
- stimulate students’motivation to learn,
- create empathy and cooperation among students,
- keep work-life balance and prevent burnout,
- increase their motivation to act and teach,
- increase job satisfaction,
- build trusting relationship with your students, colleagues and parents,
- acknowledge improvements and developments.
Certificate of attendance & certificate of competence (skills & competences required – Europass CV)
Europass mobility certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Authority (NA)
- Welcome and introductions
- Individual expectations and agenda for the week
- Getting to know each other and icebreakers
- Introduction to coaching. Coaching versus other disciplines.
- The benefits of implementing coaching into educators’ methods of work
- Competencies and attitude of a coach
- Building rapport – matching, mirroring and reframing
- Internal map of reality
- Types of coaching questions
- Conversational techniques – backtracking, reflection on feelings, summarizing and paraphrasing, lazy coaching
- Steps for 1st coaching session
- Coaching agreement and coaching session checklist
- Practicing coaching in pairs
- Coaching toolbox – GROW, Wheel of life, Goal matrix, Core value
- Practicing coaching tools
- Incorporating coaching into own teaching style
- Practicing coaching in pairs
- Systemic coaching – how to use it while working with groups
- Practicing group coaching
- Logical levels of change – Dilts
- 10 ways of belief refreaming
- Practicing coaching
- Action plan on using coaching in education
- Practicing coaching
- Summary and training evaluation
- Certificates and group integration
I am a professional business and life coach. I accompany people in their change so they could spread their wings and start doing what they really want. I am a certified ICF coach and practitioner of Points of You method. I have 12 years of experience working in an international company. As a coach and business practitioner, I will help you build your professional competencies. You will be able explore your strengths and talents and clarify your goals. More about me: www.agnieszkapater.pl
I am a coach and educator, so naturally in my work I focus on the process involving young people who are just choosing their path – both personal and professional. Thanks to careful conversation, looking at what the young client is pointing out, I help to discover real and personal needs and potential, thanks to which they can create the future based on faith in their abilities and values. I love working with young people, who each time teach me a fresh perspective on life, spontaneity and uncompromise in following dreams.
She is a psychologist focused on SOLUTIONS and human RESOURSES (SFBT). She is in love with Non-Violent Communication, whose assumptions make world a better place to live. She SUPPORTS caregivers, both parents and teachers. She works in nurseries and kindergartens, accompanying the staff in their dilemmas. She provides consultations for families and adults in crisis or those looking for a new perspective. She loves learning from one’s own experience, so she often does workshops and trainings. She continues to discover new faces of an educator, conducting both practical classes in psychology at university and introducing children to the exciting world of new languages. You can read more about her work here: www.fb.com/BliskaPerspektywa
€400, which includes: tuition fee and training material, certificate of competence, farewell dinner, administration costs, coffee breaks
The training is given in simple and easy to understand English.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, click the register button on the right and fill in the registration form. We will confirm that we received your application within 3 working days.
|11.03.2024-15.03.2024||Athens - Greece||Confirmed||Register here|
|07.10.2024 - 11.10.2024||Gdańsk - Poland||Confirmed||Register here|
Get Erasmus+ grant to participate in this course
You can apply at your Erasmus+ National Agency (NA) for a grant to participate in these courses till 11th February 2020 at 12:00 (midday Brussels time). More information on your National Agency website.
We offer help in preparing your project call.